Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quick Message!

Hello! Sorry I haven't left any posts lately, I have been super busy! I don't have a lot of time to write right now, so I will go quickly.

I am going to be lupus ontarios new face for lupus. I will be on the website, brochures, everything!
I am quite excited. I have been working really hard to spread the word for lupus.

Elizabeth (my sister) and I went collecting around the street to get sponsors for our lupus walk. In one afternoon of about an hour, we got $60.00. We were very happy. Its been too hot to collect since then, but we should be going back soon!

Its summer and I haven't been admitted to the hospital yet! I don't want to jinx it or anything, but I am sooo happy! Last summer I was in and out of the hospital for the whole summer. It was the worst summer of my life. I had the stomach flu, pnemonia, high blood pressure, everything! Argh, it was awful. This summer its been amazing! I have a small cough, but its probably allergies, and other then that, I am great!

I am lowering my prednisone!!!! I have been on prednisone for three years, since my diagnosis. was always on high doses. I was on 60mg, the highest I can go, for months. We have been working to lower it, and today, I am going down to 7.5mg!!!! If you don't know, lowering prednisone is very difficult. If you lower it too quickly, or too much of a dose, you can get sick again. Currently, we are trying to lower it 2.5mg every few months. Its a very slow, and time consuming process. I feel sick after lowering it for a few days, but I feel myself again shortly.

I have been working VERY hard on spreading word of lupus. I e-mailed Ganz (the company that makes webkinz, as well as other stuffed animals) and build a bear. It took a long time, and e-mailing them everyday for over a month, but I have gotten response from them. If I could get a registered lupus charity to e-mail the companies, they would consider adding lupus to their donations. Lupus Ontario is working on it! Hopefully they will approve lupus ontario, and we will get a lot of donations from them!

I guess that is all for now. I will try to start blogging more often!

TTYL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment